We believe that children benefit the most when parents and staff work together in partnership to provide care and learning for the children. The setting actively welcomes parents as partners in a variety of ways within the nursery which helps to develop a positive relationship for all involved through a two way sharing of information.
We aim to achieve this by:-
- Maintaining regular contact with parents to help build a secure and beneficial working relationship for their children.
- Operating a key person system involving parents in discussions and information sharing regarding nursery and home circumstances, and their child’s individual needs.
- Informing parents about nursery activities and events through newsletters and theme sheets.
- Informing parents on a regular basis about their children’s progress and involve them in the shared record keeping about their children.
- Creating opportunities for parents to talk to other parents and staff through events such as open days.
- Providing opportunities for parents to learn about the Early Years Foundation Stage and about young children''s learning in the nursery and at home.
- Finding out the needs and expectations of parents through feedback questionnaires.