Parents as Partners
We believe that children benefit the most when parents and staff work together in partnership to provide care and learning for the children. The setting actively welcomes parents as partners in a variety of ways within the nursery which helps to develop a positive relationship for all involved through a two way sharing of information.
We aim to achieve this by:-
- Maintaining regular contact with parents to help build a secure and beneficial working relationship for their children.
- Operating a key person system involving parents in discussions and information sharing regarding nursery and home circumstances, and their child’s individual needs.
- Informing parents about nursery activities and events through newsletters and theme sheets.
- Informing parents on a regular basis about their children’s progress and involve them in the shared record keeping about their children.
- Creating opportunities for parents to talk to other parents and staff through events such as open days.
- Providing opportunities for parents to learn about the Early Years Foundation Stage and about young children''s learning in the nursery and at home.
- Finding out the needs and expectations of parents through feedback questionnaires.